TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs

Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

I've gone and done it again...

I just can't help myself. Monday while unloading the car form our very hot but relaxing weekend at Baddlesmere re-enactment my ankle gave way and i crumpled to the ground.
I fell on my bum, and just missed the step i was coming down from. This i feel was very fortunate since i have a problem with my coccyx and could see that being damaged rather a lot if i had caught the step. So i suppose i should be saying"Luckily" i only sprained my left ankle. And yes it is again because it was only last September when i last sprained it.
So here i am on crutches again! I was just beginning to get my house organised and now it is going to be even worse while i can't do anything for weeks.
To make matters worse, i have organised a Diamond Jubilee Jaunt in aid of our local museum. The walk is sponsored, and although i am not sponsored i do have to be there as the organiser. I will now be going on my Nana's Motorised Buggy!!!! I secretly or not so secretly always wanted to go on one of those, but seeing as i can walk limited distance with and without my stick i haven't bothered. Now i have a justified excuse to use one- Yippee.

I have also discovered through this who my real supporters at the Museum are. Because i am Head of Events at the Museum, i chair the meetings and on Thursday we have one to run through all the safety aspects of the walk. Now normally my wonderful mum http://seamstress-waffle.blogspot.co.uk/ and minute taker for the meeting would give me a lift, or my great friend Claire http://stationery-pigeon.blogspot.co.uk/ unfortunately they are unable to attend the meeting. I therefor sent an e-mail out to all the Event team members explaining the situation and asking if any of them could give me a lift to the meeting, Not one single reply! None of them have sent apologies to say they can't make it, and i know the e-mail has been received as both my mum and Claire have mentioned it to me. So i had to resort to calling the Museum and talking to the Deputy CEO and telling her the problem. The solution presented itself in our wonderful cleaner, she is a lovely lady who has also offered to come and collect me after her shift and take me to the meeting, i will early, but that is no problem as i have a few things i can be doing. but how touching for me, she is going out of her way to come after work collect me and then go back to work.

I really know who is supportive of me in the team and who isn't now. I can't be too nasty as i do have some members without cars- and that is obviously fair enough, but its very hard to get on a bus for me anyway with my panic attacks, but crutches too! NOT happening, Taxi some might say- would cost me at least £6 from my house, a lot that i don't have.

Oh well, human nature i guess, some people will always put themselves out for you and others just won't.
I'm now wondering how they will all be with me at the meeting- Maybe that will form the content of another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment