TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs

Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

Review: Playing the Genetic Lottery by Terri Morgan

playing the genetic lottery

Synopsis:

Set over a woman's early life this book examine her way of dealing with an illness that can be genetic. It covers her fears, loves, daily life and future thoughts in a 1st person narrative.

Review:

I had guessed from the title that the story would have something to do with genetics in some way. What i hadn't realised was the amount of emotions this book would bring out in me. Without giving too much away, i can relate in a small way to certain parts in the story from my own life. But the way the Author has handled the sensitive personal lives of the characters is admirable.
I completely warmed to the main character and found myself getting annoyed for her, i cried with her and laughed with her. I found myself nodding in agreement at the descriptions of certain characters behaviours, thinking that is so true.

I have to wonder whether the author has previous experience with the subject matter or did lots of indepth research since some of the issues discussed would be thing that families like to keep to themselves for personal reasons.

This is a book i would highly recommend to anyone male or female. It has certainly given me more of an eye opener to the subject matter and i already understood it fairly well.

5 out of 5 from me for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment